Diskusné fórum

Good Driving Roads Around Bratislava

Autor Správy

Re: Good Driving Roads Around Bratislava

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and my Slovak are quite limited so please excuse me if i did something against the rules.

The reason why i did this topic is because i live in Bratislava, and i own an impreza wrx, but i really haven't found any good roads for driving and enjoying fully my car yet. Also i as you propably have guessed i am not from around here, so i don't know Bratislava and the surounding area that good...

So please, to all the guys that know any good road, like hill climb or a remote road that has rarely traffic, it will be great.

Thank you in advance, Makis

24.05.2010 19:38

Wellcome here Makis!

As you probably discovered we have lot of police cars with laser speedometer and every straightway could be a problem.

If you are interested for trackdays, cca 50km from Bratislava direction Dunajska Streda is Orechova Poton village with Slovakiaring http://www.slovakiaring.sk/ Or if hillclimb is for you then place called Pezinska Baba is for you. We run 2 independent series at this time here. First is http://www.tatrydonaucup.sk/informacie/ its small cup around Slovak republic, free for everyone, just pay fees and drive. Booth no need for cage, fire-extinguisher, just helmet. Second is Liquid Molly - Berg Cup http://www.berg-trophy.cz/new/zavod.php?id=15 its more proffesional and international race but still no need for race licence but Iam not shure if you can race with OE car. I think cage, fire-extinguisher, race suit, helmet is needed.

24.05.2010 22:15

Hello again,

Thank you mr 555 for your help! I knew already about slovakiaring, and i will defenetly go visit the ring soon, but i am more like a hill climb guy.

This place Pezisnka Baba looks very promising, so on the next chance i will go see for my self. How about the traffic on this road? Is it used daily by many cars? When is the best time there for less traffic, late at night(after 10-11) or even during the day is good? Last but not least, what about the police on Pezinska Baba? Do they do checks or speed controls there?

Thank you, Makis

26.05.2010 18:39

Pezinska Baba is only road how to get from D1 highway to D2 or D2 to D1 but not R2D2 :)))) before you reach Bratislava. So you can meet trucks there and during weekend lot of bikers + fasr road drivers and even more police cars as during working days. Due forest ist dangerous race it at night, you know ... deers, wild boars. Speed traps are mobile - on cars - Passat, S4, blue Fabia, ... and laser is usually on long Pezinok 3km straightway just before you enter to forest.

26.05.2010 19:17

What about drifting places?

Hello people!

I am looking for a big piece of tarmac (something like the Pezinok paddock i have seen on youtube) somewhere in Bratislava, to practice drifting with safety.... What i want is a big open area with tarmac (the bigger the better), were i could try to drift without having to worry about hitting the pavement or crashing into other cars...

Thank you!

20.09.2010 21:27

Hello,

There is a nice place outside of Bratislava, (15min) towards Cunovo. (South east) Nice, quiet, hope big enough. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=48.029026,17.211456&spn=0.009241,0.022788&t=h&z=16&iwloc=000490b60dddaae53842c&msid=108011704820721896459.000490b60ae113ae14bfcText odkazu sem...

Tar is bit hard, tires will not love you. We love this place in in winter ;) Navy: going towards "Danubia", sharp right cross the water canal, on the top of the dam left (ignore "No vehicles" sign) after 40 meters sharp right. Enjoy and let us know.

20.09.2010 21:42

On Saturday i went there around 16:00-17:00, and the place is great! Exactly what i had in mind, although the tarmac is indeed very hard.

The only problem is that before i even try to drift, i got a ticket from police (20 euros), because i shouldnt ignore the sign: no vehicles allowed.... me and 2 more guys with BMWs

I guess i didnt choose the best day to go there... Thank you very much for the info Atlatl though, respect! And if anybody wants to share a similar location, it will be much appreciated

29.09.2010 19:32

Hey, you took the best way but wrong time ;) It just happen, sorry for that. Enjoy and let us know your next try, maybe somebody will join as well.

30.09.2010 14:43
Posledné príspevky
Re: Hrdza 23.04.2024  Ivanko
Re: Hrdza 23.04.2024  Sifon
Re: Divný zvuk z motora po výmene celej spojky 22.04.2024  AdoKrajci
Re: Divný zvuk z motora po výmene celej spojky 22.04.2024  Ivanko

Posledné články

• Prajeme všetkým subaristom úspěšný rok 2024 a veľa šťastných kilometrov

Autor: hybco
    Dátum: 01.01.2024

• História SUBARU - Druhá dekáda tretieho tisícročia

Autor: miloxko